Sunday, June 3, 2012

Boy, Peppers, Job, Swamp

These past few days have been phenomenal!

Wednesday, I only had a call-in for work (I didn't have to go in!) so I decided to drive up to Sandusky, Michigan and visit Adam. It was nice to just be together for a few days, lounging around, not being too active. We hung out with his friends, watched some Swamp People and some sports, and chilled with his parents every now and then. Over all it was really fun! I'm glad that his parents like me so much, it makes me feel very welcome and accepted. I'm thinking this few days visit is a good sign of what is to come for this summer. We'll probably see each other pretty often (baseball games, trips to Cedar Point and KI, visits, etc.) so I don't think I'll be having too much withdrawal, although I might anyway. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with him for the Thursday Tigers vs. Indians game in Detroit this week.

Last night was the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at The Q in Cleveland. I went with my parents, Kelley, Carrie, Alyse, Andrew, and Matt. It was a ton of fun. Seeing one of my favorite bands live, and hearing my favorite song by them (Suck My Kiss) was so awesome. They ran out of the shirt I wanted ("I'm with you Cleveland"), so I'm trying to find it online. The crowd kept jamming even after we all left the venue! It was a great experience with some of my favorite people. Also, Flea is a beast. Period.



Tomorrow I start training for my new job as a unit secretary at University Hospital. I'm excited, and a little nervous. I know I'll do well, and enjoy the job. Most of the people I'll be working with already know my mom (and might have known me since I was in the womb), so I think I'll be comfortable with everyone. Training is just going to be a lot of information, in a little bit of time. Hopefully I can keep up.

Speaking of jobs, I'm going to be so busy this next couple of weeks, with the new job and Semi-Annual Sale at VS, I'm going to be swamped. 
Get it?
Adult life thought of the day: I would really like to read a book a week, if possible. I'll probably start by actually spending money on books for my Kindle. I have a list of books that I'd like to read on my GoodReads account (http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/7223316-katie-heugel?format=html&shelf=to-read).









No comments:

Post a Comment