Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Motivation to be Motivated

Hey guys! It's summer! You all know what that means: bikinis, crop tops, short shorts, allergies, living at home after graduating from college....

Okay, so those last two kind of suck, but  I'm trying to get over them. Something that I seem to be lacking lately is motivation. I've started a new 8 hour work day job (in addition to whatever I can put in at VS), which takes up my time from about 6am to 4 pm. When I get home, I'm absolutely wiped out and just want to pass out. On my days off, I like to take advantage of the ability to sleep in, and I end up doing so until about 11am. Being that I would like to get back into shape for this summer, I'm going to try to get a daily workout and productivity regimen going. This is in the first few stages, so it's just going to be a giant list (you know me and lists). Here's what I would LIKE to do:

  • Get up at 8:30 on days that I have off, or don't work until the evening. Eat a quick breakfast, then head to The Y, or Seven Hills Rec (depending on which I belong to at the time) for about an hour work out. I would like to try to work out every other day (I go some Tues-Thurs evenings with my mom), but considering I have a Kelleys Island trip coming up, I might want to work out more often. Since God knows I probably won't change much of my eating habits, working out is going to be a must. Plus I've got a swimwear shoot coming up! I'd like to look pretty damn good for that. 
  • In addition to working out, I'd like to lay outside for a little bit each day that it's nice out, to try to get some color!
  • Keep my room relatively clean. Who knows when I'll have random visits from people (especially Adam!). Therefore I should finally clean my room and get stuff figured out for a garage sale or something. I don't have that much stuff, but I really would like to get some cash for it. 
  • Get things done, pertaining to reserving the hotel for the wedding, figuring out how I'm going to get into the CSU program, etc. I know I keep going on and on about this stuff, but it's just on my mind. 
  • Keep from laying down in my bed during the day. I know summer is really good for watching entire seasons of TV shows (Boy Meets World is what I'm still currently watching), but I would feel a lot better about myself if I kept on my feet, maybe running some errands, or exploring some stores in other parts of Cleveland. 
  • My final thing I want to try to do to keep motivated is something that I picked up from my mom. She takes 8 flights of stairs up to work every single day. I don't know how she does it, but it's really good cardio. I work on the 6th floor, so hopefully I can get into the habit of doing the same thing. 
The getting fit thing isn't about being skinny, it's about being happy with myself. I don't care about the numbers, size of my jeans or my weight, I just want to be content with myself. I normally am, I just want to enhance it. Although, I would like my shorts and pants to fit they way they used to.

I'll try to keep you posted, if I ever do start. I mean...I'M GOING TO START!

Until next time, here's my first picture of the summer!


Also, random picture of Adam being silly on Skype:


2 comments:

  1. Do like I do : a list of 5 things to complete each week. You'll notice, running, editing photos, and sewing are almost always on my list...'cause they need done every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the photo credit haha :) Also, being a real person seems kind of hard. At least I have one more year of college.

    ReplyDelete