Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Praying for Spring in a Skater Dress

It's been relatively warm this week (comparatively to the polar vortex), so I decided that I wanted to pull out a dress for work! I bought two of this dress, one in blue and one in this coral color, from Express last spring, and I've gotten a good amount of use out of them. They were pretty cheap, and they're super comfy. I'm relatively sure that they're still making them. This style has an exposed zipper in the back that I, of course, didn't photograph.

For this outfit, I paired it with a long sleeve ditsy floral button down, some burgundy tights, and my riding boots. This dress has a seam at the waist and it almost needs a belt. I was in a lot of distress because I don't have a dark brown belt to match my boots, so I decided that no belt was better than a mismatched belt. I threw the cardigan over top to kind of hide the need for a belt, though I liked the outfit better with the shirt sleeves exposed. I'm definitely adding "waist belts that match my shoes" to my shopping list next time I go out.



Coral Skater Dress: Express
Floral Button Down: LC Lauren Conrad for Kohls
Brown Cardigan: JC Penney
Burgundy Tights: Old
Brown Riding Boots: Gift (JC Penney?)

I guess my style icon for the day is Jess from New Girl, because my outfit was so whimsical and girly. I can't wait for spring, so I can buy more dresses and skirts!










2 comments: