Friday, January 11, 2013

Money

Ah, the good old m-word. Here's a paraphrased quote from one of my favorite movies, The Wedding Singer, "I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar."

I just realized today that even if I am making a reasonable amount of money (reasonable as in I can buy the things I want, pay my bills, and still have money in my fund, but I could in no way live off of it), that doesn't mean I should spend it on things that I wouldn't have normally been able to buy (look at me learning adult things!). I'm applying to grad schools, only one of six is close enough for me to live at home- for free!-with my parents. Each paycheck, I've been putting $150 into my savings account to save for things like a car, or a computer, or to move out, or a wedding (hey! there are no plans to wed, but they're expensive, so why not save up?!). My savings account is still sad. I realized, that if I want to be able to support myself and not have to take out more crazy loans, I need to save better and spend less. Maybe a budget is in my future. I'm going to be looking for all of the money help that I can get. The internet is my best friend.

Any tips on saving money fast?


No comments:

Post a Comment