Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall Work Fashion

Fall fashion is here! Hopefully it stays for a while, because this is by far my favorite season. I recently went on a little Kohl's excursion with my mom and sister, and I picked up some new LC by Lauren Conrad pieces that I couldn't wait to wear. I had been wanting some more button down shirts, possibly to wear under sweaters, so I was really excited about this polka dot shirt. I've also never been able to buy corduroy pants because they don't usually come in "long," but I was happy to find these cranberry colored corduroy skinny jeans. Perfect for fall!  I paired the entire outfit with my riding boots and I was out the door!

Polka dot shirt and cranberry corduroy skinnies: LC by Lauren Conrad
How does one take a flattering shoe picture? Riding boots: JC Penny
I was really happy with this next outfit. My mom and I went on another little shopping trip about a month ago and I was just looking for some cute things to add to my wardrobe. We ended up buying this darker wash chambray shirt and this green patterned skirt that I'm absolutely in love with. I was nervous about adding black leggings to the outfit, but it was a little chilly out, so to balance it, I added a black cardigan and it all flowed together so well. I was very proud of this fashion blog inspired outfit. Finally, I paired it with my black Peter Pan boots for some color continuity.
Chambray shirt: H&M, Green Skirt: Francesca's, Black Cardigan: Express, Peter Pan Boots: Old
 Sorry about the blur!

I'm trying to stray away from the temptation of throwing on a hoodie or sweatshirt this fall. I have a whole mental list of fall staples I'd like to purchase, including but not limited to: More boots, more flannel/plaid, more sweaters, more scarves. You can never have enough layers! What are your fall staples?

No comments:

Post a Comment