Wednesday, February 27, 2013

More realizations. An ongoing theme.

So, I've come to another realization. My next realization is that I'm in a personal rut. I'm in the limbo of living at home with my parents and being an undergrad student, and being accepted to a graduate program and possibly living on my own. I was content with this, but lately I've been lethargic, having a loss of appetite, and generally not wanting to go out and do much unless it's with Adam. I'm not happy being like this. It's not at all like me, and it's bothering me terribly. I've been leaning on excuses like "I don't like drinking" or "It's too cold to go do anything" to keep me inside and comfy. But I'm done.  I've decided to make this post to let everyone know that if they want, they can force me to get up and going (whether with them, or alone). I'm going to look in to things I can do, even in this shitty weather, and try to get up and do something every day. I'm going to try not to spend too much money, so let's see what kind of a list I can build up:

  • Go rock climbing at Kendall Cliffs
  • Go to indoor batting cages at Batting Cages at Brecksville
  • Go see a movie (alone or with someone). Going solo shouldn't hold me back. 
  • Go shopping (always happy to do that). 
  • Go for a walk, even in the chilly damp weather. 
  • Go work out at the Y. 
  • Go to a coffee shop and read or study. 
  • Seek out people to go for drinks with, or to see a live jazz band with. 
  • Go visit your friends at their houses (maybe even up to 2 or more hours away). 
  • Take a weekend off from visiting Adam and go do something else.
  • Seek out dancing opportunities. 
How do YOU get out of a rut? If anyone has any more ideas for me, something new to do, please let me know! I'm gonna need that little push, I think, to get me going. I'll take all the help I can get!


No comments:

Post a Comment