Friday, February 8, 2013

Everyone's Dream

Today, I woke up thin. It's a young woman's dream to be able to just wake up thin. But I don't want to be thin, I want to be fit.

I usually wake up and take a look at myself, just getting to know me. I take a side view,  looking at my abdomen, stretching a little, and usually there's a tiny bit of pudge in my lower belly. Today was different. There wasn't much of a pudge at all, and my arms definitely looked thin. I felt like the touched up version of Jennifer Lawrence on magazine covers. I want to be like the normal version of Jennifer Lawrence (given, I don't have such curves as her, and probably never will, but you get the point).

I usually love to show off my arms, especially in wife beater style tanks in the summer. I like when they're toned and you can see the little muscles that I have. But today, they just looked nasty and thin.

I know that when you wake up in the morning, you're usually taller and thinner, thanks to gravity and having not eaten all those fatty foods that bloat you and sit in your stomach for hours. Today just felt different.

I have been aware that I haven't been eating much lately. I'm more of a grazer, snacking all day. The past few days, I haven't had much of an appetite at all, except for cereal and sweets. I've tried to make myself eat something healthy like fruits, but I can only eat so much when I'm not feeling hungry.

I also got sick my first time working night shift, so there goes eating for those 8 hours.

I did Zumba yesterday and boy did my midsection burn. My resolution from waking up this morning is to try to eat better (and more), and to build up my muscle mass to what it used to be. I can feel myself withering away, and I don't like it. I've never wanted to be skinny (No, I don't want to be fat, but I feel like women should be soft, even if they do have a bit of muscle). I just want to be healthy, and today was my wake up call.

Anyone have health tips? I was thinking of just putting mostly fruits and veggies in my lunch, along with my normal PB&J sandiwich (going against my sweet tooth), working out by lifting weights and doing a little bit of cardio and core, and I was thinking of adding a protein shake to my day. Any opinions on protein shakes??



1 comment:

  1. 1. Give up the pb&j. Instead eat something really healthy, like a salad with veggies and lean meats. Pb&j is processed everything : jelly with sugars that are not natural, processed grains that are hard for your body to digest, and a spread of legumes that are also hard for your body to digest. Instead, leafy green veggies, lean meat, eggs, and/or cheese would be a much better and filling option.

    2. Don't eat protein shakes. There isn't a need for you to feed your body processed food-like items when there are natural resources available to you. Furthermore, it's not entirely about protein. Filling up on fattier foods is what your body needs. Eating avocados, dairy, eggs, bacon, olive oil, nuts, fatty fishes, and other healthy but fattening foods is what your body needs. These are the foods that best help you absorb the nutrients you need.

    3. Exercise is great! Keep that up!

    4. I really like the Nutribullet my mom just bought. It's an amazing little blender that makes the perfect sized smoothie. You can start combining all the really great, leafy green veggies, with fruits and even "boosts" of nuts, flax seeds, or hemp seeds to make a great balanced breakfast of whole, natural foods!

    ReplyDelete