Saturday, December 22, 2012

Name Brands

Today I was shopping at American Eagle. I had decided that I wanted a new pull-over hoodie, and I didn't want any more from Victoria's Secret. I grabbed a few, and went into the dressing room to try them on. Once inside, I pulled the hoodie over my head, only to realize that I looked something like a 16 year old. This is my problem with name brand clothing.

I'll admit, I do wear a number of Victoria's Secret PINK hoodies (discounts force you to think you need to buy things that you don't need). I try to purchase the ones that aren't IN YOUR FACE HOT PINK, and with smaller lettering, which I find to be somewhat more mature. Here's where I run into my problem: Hoodies and clothing with giant insignia of the brand one is wearing is incredibly juvenile, at least to me. It's damn hard to have a young face like mine, and to want to look like an adult when you're wearing VS Pink and AE brand hoodies with the name splashed across your boobs and/or back.

I really like to wear these brands of clothes, and would like to wear their lounge clothes as well. But if I can't do so without making my boyfriend want to puke with the loudness of my LOVE PINK hoodie, I don't think I want anything to do with it.

I'm going to try to do the adult thing and stray away from these younger brands. AE's clothes are still aimed at me until I'm 25 (says the brand), and VS's lingerie will always be my go-to. I'm just going to try to stop buying their clothes that shout to all of Cleveland "I AM WEARING VICTORIA'S SECRET AND I KNOW YOU THINK I'M SO COOL BECAUSE OF IT!!!"

But where am I supposed to find cute fitted hoodies, that don't have brand names in size 88 font? Any suggestions would be very appreciated.


1 comment:

  1. GAP sometimes makes "fashion" hoodies with no insignias. There's an American Apparel in Coventry (Cleveland Heights), and they have plain hoodies. I'm also a BIG FAN of indie t-shirt makers who also sell hoodies, and I could dig up some of them...but start with Ape Made. She's based in Kent and makes Cleveland themed apparel. She's totally fucking awesome.

    ReplyDelete