Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What I Wore to Work this Weekend

This weekend I was feeling full of fashion! Apparently I'm also full of alliteration today. Anyway, I ended up wearing clothes that I basically had forgotten that I own, which were entirely too pretty to pass up. 

First forgotten item: American Eagle Dress:
I got a lot of compliments on this first outfit. It's totally girly and sweet, and it was perfect for the hot weather we've been having this week. I paired it with some wedge sandals that I bought early in the summer, hoping to wear often, but this was only the second time I've taken them out. Fail.I love the lace bodice on this dress and the flowiness of the skirt. I originally thought the ribbon was a bit too much, but I took it off and decided it was actually just what the dress needed. My mom thought this dress wasn't quite work appropriate because of the lace, but I think she's just a bit ol' fashioned.

Dress: American Eagle, Cardigan: H&M
Wedge Sandals: DSW

Second forgotten item(s): Lauren Conrad blazer and American Eagle halter top:
I had found my blazer the other day and I was having trouble deciding what to wear under it (hence not wearing it often). It's got a maroon colored lining on the inside, so it's super cute when you roll the sleeves. I was going through my closet, trying to pair something with it, when I found this satin purple floral halter top that I completely fell in love with when I bought it, but have since worn it only once. I decided to throw a black cami underneath since I thought it was a bit too low-cut for work. I then paired the entire ensemble with my white Lauren Conrad skinny jeans, and my gold flats from AE. All in all, it was a professional AE and LC type of outfit.

Blazer and White Skinnies: LC by Lauren Conrad, Floral Halter Top: American Eagle
 
The one thing  I must say is often missing from my outfits is a necklace. I have to wear a name badge and a vocera around my neck, so the necklace would be obsolete, unless it were short. I wore a little necklace with my first outfit in this post, but it's so small that you can barely see it in the picture!

I'm so glad summer is almost over! I'm ready for fall layers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment