Monday, September 22, 2014

Apathy for Exercise

My name is Katie and I have a problem: I hate working out. Ok, I don't actually hate it, but I can't get into a routine, and I loathe that I can't do that. I find myself often getting bored while working out, and wondering when I should just be done and go back home. I also have a problem with figuring out what time I like working out best, leading to the aforementioned problem of not having a routine. Help me.

Here are some factors to take into account when trying to assist me in my pursuit of health:

1. I am a breakfast eater. I eat first thing when I wake up, and if I try to do any laborious activities before eating, such as climbing stairs or running, I start to feel lightheaded. I gotta have my pops!

2. My work hours can be inconsistent. I either start at 7 am or 3 pm, hindering a consistent routine.

3. I get bored quite quickly with exercising. Apathy all over the place.

4. I'm interested in group exercise, but not necessarily the price. I've tried, and would like to continue to do, yoga and pure barre.

5. My eating habits aren't necessarily conducive to losing weight. I have a sweet tooth out the wazoo. My portion sizes for meals are appropriate, but it's like I have a bottomless pit of a stomach when it comes to sweets.

I've gained nearly 15 pounds since graduating college, thanks to not dancing 2 or more times a week as well as having a job where I sit for up to 12 hours a day. I also can't say that I'm the most active of people on my days off (damn you, Netflix!) I want to get back into shape, but I am so apathetic about the actual exercising process that I just don't know where to start.

What kind of routine do you have that you have adapted into your life?  What helps you stay on track? Will you be my workout buddy?






No comments:

Post a Comment